Janow Podlaski

Stud farm with thoroughbred Arab horses

The former twin-towered 18th century cathedral, St John the Baptist Church from the turn of the 18th century and ruins of the bishops’ palace are the major historical buildings of Janow Podlaski.

In the Wygoda village, 3 kilometers away, is Poland’s oldest (est. in 1817) stud farm, specializing in rearing of thoroughbred Arabian horses. The elegant stable complex (19th c.) that gives shelter to approx. 500 animals can be visited. The farm has its own burial grounds for horses. The annual national show of Arab thoroughbreds and the famous international auction are organized in August.

Horse Stud, Janow Podlaski; tel. +(48-83) 341 30 09, fax +(48-83) 341 33 60; www.janow.arabians.pl

Menu: