The medieval urban layout of the city’s old town has been preserved. Many baroque and Renaissance houses in the market square and its neighborhood. The 1604 town weighhouse is a fine example of Dutch Renaissance. A baroque fountain decorated with dolphins and triton from 1701.
One side of the market square is occupied by the large stone cathedral (15th c.) with a fine double doorway. Worth a visit are also two baroque churches - SS Peter and Paul and Our Lady’s Assumption - and the 17th/18th century bishops’ palace.
Municipal Office, Nysa, ul. Kolejowa 15; tel. +(48-77) 408 05 00, fax 433 27 05; www.nysa.pl