The enormous castle of Krzyztopor (1631-44) was set upon the rock, thus safe from dynamiting. It has massive stone walls with bastions at five corners. Built in the mannerist style, the palace embodied the structure of the calendar. It had four towers symbolizing the fours seasons and twelve big halls, one for each month, 52 chambers, one for each week of the year, and 365 windows. Destroyed in the mid- 17th century, it is now a formidable ruin, where a knights’ tournament is organized to commemorate the Ossolinski family, the castle’s founders.
Communal Office, Iwaniska, ul. Rynek 3; tel./fax +(48-15) 860 12 54; www.iwaniska.home.pl