The cityscape is dominated by the Teutonic Knights’ castle built in the 13th century on rectangular plan, reshaped in the 16th and 17th centuries. Partly rebuilt after the fire in 1922, the castle houses a museum. It is surrounded by fragments of the defensive wall.
A short way behind the castle stands the Marysienki Palace (now a hotel) from the late 17th century.
The castle hosts numerous events, performances, historical shows, old music concerts and knights’ tournaments.
Castle, Gniew, ul. Zamkowa 3 tel. +(48-58) 535 25 37, fax 535 21 62 www.zamek-gniew.pl