Slupsk

Gothic castle and museum

A city with many historical monuments.

On the riverfront stands the Gothic Castle of the Pomeranian Princes reshaped in the Renaissance style. It houses the Museum of Central Pomerania with interesting collections, including the tin sarcophagi of the Pomeranian Princes and Poland’s largest collection of Stanislaw Ignacy Witkiewicz’s paintings.

Close to the castle stands the Gothic Mill Gate (ca 1400) and one of Poland’s oldest mills (1320), now a section of the ethnographic museum. Fragments of defensive walls (15th c.).

Tourist Information Center, Slupsk, ul. Sienkiewicza 19 tel./fax +(48-59) 842 43 26, tel. 842 07 91 www.slupsk.pl

Menu: