City of one hundred bridges
The Wroclaw University is the biggest baroque building in town. Its Aula Leopoldinum, the city’s largest secular hall (late-17th c.) is open for visitors.
The Ostrow Tumski Island is the oldest part of the city. It shelters a complex of sacral buildings with the Gothic Cathedral of St John the Baptist (13th/16th cc.). Splendid view from its tower top.
The monumental painting of the Panorama Raclawicka (120m x 15m) attracts thousands of tourists.
St Giles’ Church is the oldest surviving church in Wroclaw. Its Romanesque one-pillar vaulting dates back to the early 12th century.
The Centenary Hall from 1913 was the world’s first modernist structure made of ferroconcrete. Attempts are made to get the Centenary Hall on UNESCO’s World Heritage list. Wroclaw’s greatest cultural hit is its Wratislavia Cantans – International Oratorio & Cantata Festival.